Sunday 6 May 2012

2012 Storm Chase

Well in 24 Hours I will be in London Heathrow Terminal 5 awaiting 9hr 30 mins flight to DFW On British Airways.

This year we have decided to go out chasing 10 days later which has kind of bitten us on the arse (As I Expected) with Storms or Supercells nearly every day for the last 10 days, granted there has not been 1 picture of a Tornado touching down anywhere but some of the Structure has been amazing.

So what does the outlook look like for the next 10-14 days, well pretty damn grim it has to be said, Models are still showing little or no Jet Stream over the US, With the Northern Arm firmly on it's love in with Canada and the Southern Stream eating Fajita's in Mexico City.

What all this means for us is marginal low risk chase days (If any for the foreseeable) Which is not what we wanted, we still have until the 10th May for Chase Day 1 but todays outlooks (6th May) are getting worse and not better tbh.

Will update when we get to DFW and have everything set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment